Are you passionate about making a difference in the well-being of fellow humans?
Recent advancements in genomics and computer technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Senior Biostatistician with extensive experience and interest in research design, sample size estimation and power calculations, scientific programming, algorithm development, and statistical modeling. Outstanding candidates will have experience working with data scientists and biomedical experts in designing and implementing validation studies for new predictive tests. Tempus is building a business to develop, validate and launch new predictive tests, in oncology and new disease areas, by leveraging our clinical + molecular + imaging data to provide novel insights to clinicians and patients.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the design, execution, and documentation of validation studies for predictive algorithms which leverage molecular, clinical, and imaging data inputs to generate novel insights.
- Participate in the design, execution, and dissemination of the results of medical research projects with clinical endpoints. In particular, the biostatistician will help determine the suitable target population, study goal, and identify any potential problems meeting the primary endpoints of the project.
- Specify statistical analysis plans (e.g., determine whether the study aims to show superiority or non-inferiority of the new test). The biostatistician will then perform sample size and power calculations, execute interim and final statistical analyses, communicate the findings to the stakeholders in meetings, and prepare written reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of rigorous testing and validation infrastructure to support the use of predictive algorithms in clinical care.
- Work with Tempus Algos teams to standardize validation protocols for ML and other models.
- Work in interdisciplinary groups of scientists, engineers, and product developers to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
Ph.D. or Masters Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, or a related field with 5+ years (Ph.D.) / 7+ years (MS/MA) relevant industry experience.
Thorough understanding of statistical principles and clinical experiment methodology.
Computational skills using Python and R, especially relevant statistical tools and packages.
Understanding of CLIA/CAP validation protocols and how to bring scientific ideas to market
- Extensive knowledge and experience in meeting FDA regulatory guidelines.
- Hands-on experience in helping to prepare regulatory submissions to the FDA.
- Broad knowledge of medical/biological terminology and clinical practice.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches, especially with respect to predictive and prognostic algorithms in medical research.
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology.
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience.
- Strong background in the development of statistical models.
- Collaborative mindset, an eagerness to learn and a high integrity work ethic.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with clinical cancer data (progression free vs overall survival, missing data etc.)
- Experience with version control and software testing.
- Experience supporting data science teams in model building and validation.