SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for supporting operations by providing meaningful and actionable analytics. This role is assigned to a specific division and is responsible for driving operational and financial improvement. The role also partners with divisional leadership and additional departments to define and review analytics aimed at process improvement and efficiency.
• Partner with leadership to develop a strategic vision for the department; takes a proactive approach to influencing business strategy through data findings and establishing meaningful and easy-to-consume reporting that informs teams within the department
• Proactively identify voids in reporting and analytics for the respective department and design solutions for the problem
• Take high-level instruction from leadership with minimal supervision and delivers insightful work products
• Design new projects/programs by analyzing client requirements
• Generate departmental business intelligence, data management, reporting, and analytics
• Gather data to help compose monthly reviews of the operational and financial performance of the division.
• Improve processes for the creation and/or distribution of existing reporting
• Assess current practices, collects information, and analyzes trends to drive efficiencies
• Assess financial and operational performance; identifies areas of improvement and develop solutions to help the department grow and become more efficient
• Maintain operational reports allowing leaders to analyze the performance of individual members of their team; identifies trends and works to prevent client escalations
• Organize, analyze, interpret, and report on large amounts of raw data with the ability to extract relevant conclusions and trends; presents the results to the senior leadership team
• Develop operational and financial performance tracking dashboards in Tableau
• Foster a positive team environment
• Require general coaching and supervision
• Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
• Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
• Verbal Communication - Advanced
• Written Communication - Advanced
• Teamwork - Proficient
• Relationships - Advanced
• Analysis - Advanced
• Problem Solving - Advanced
• Process Orientation - Proficient
• Prioritization - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
• Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
• System Experience: Tableau, SQL, and Python are required
• Proficient project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously from origin through execution
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 5-8 years of experience in analytics
Other Relevant Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or Mathematics is preferred
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.