Senior Business Analyst at Morningstar
In this role, you will participate in the analysis of new feature/content requests and help multifunctional development teams to understand WHAT need to be done to meet internal and external user’s need through Morningstar’s next generation enterprise data platform. This platform will ultimately support ALL of products offered by Morningstar. You will be responsible for researching and definition of requirements in detail for development teams. You will be responsible to provide test strategy and test cases for QA teams. You will also in charge of building detail methodology for calculation and data logic for ETL/ELT. Finally, you will write documentation to build a deep knowledge base for global client support teams to investigate issues and answer clients’ questions. The ideal candidate will have a passion of data and technology, excellent English communication capability and good understanding of Morningstar data and methodologies.
- Communicate with internal and external clients, client success teams to understand and clarify business requirements.
- Convert business requirements into actionable solutions through detailed analysis such as calculation prototyping, usage analysis, and data mapping/mining/locating in various data sources.
- Write specification according to requirements and explain details to project team.
- Collaborate with PM, tech leader, developer, and QA to deliver project according to requirements, such as test account creation, calculation verification.
- Support existing business and products.
- 3+ years of business analysis or data analysis.
- 1+ years of experience with Morningstar software and or Data
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance or relevant subjects.
- Self-motivated, excellent work ethic, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Advanced knowledge in data business and methodology of Equity, Fund, and Fixed Income.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Python, Jupyter notebook, Amazon web service
- CFA chart holder or CFA candidate will be preferable.
- Knowledge of Portfolio calculation system is a plus
- Knowledge of entitlement system is a plus
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity