About the Role
The Data Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed data products/services that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our business product management team and client success team to help provide clients with relevant Data Feed and API solutions.
The Data Products team is looking for Senior Business Analyst to speed up projects by acting as bridge between business ideas and capabilities. This role will work closely with Produce Owners, QAs, Engineers, Scrum Masters, internal and external clients in multiple development squads. This role will conduct research and then define requirements in detail, so development team can implement it with clear, concise and actionable solutions. This role will be based in our Chicago office.
- Communicate with internal and external clients, client success teams to understand and clarify business requirements.
- Convert business requirements into actionable solutions through detailed analysis such as calculation prototyping, usage analysis, and data mapping/mining/locating in various data sources.
- Write specification according to requirements and explain details to project team.
- Collaborate with PM, tech leader, developer, and QA to deliver project according to requirements, such as test account creation, calculation verification.
- Support existing business and products.
- 3+ years of business analysis or data analysis.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance or relevant subjects.
- Self-motivated, excellent work ethic, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Advanced knowledge in data business and methodology of Equity, Fund, and Fixed Income.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Python, Amazon web service will be preferable.
- CFA chart holder or CFA candidate will be preferable.
100_MstarResCanad Morningstar Research, Inc. (Canada) Legal Entity