Senior, Business Analyst
We are looking for a Data Rock star! The Senior Business Strategy Analyst is a member of the Consumer Analytics team and will have an end to end experience from retrieving data to developing effective executive-level summaries and dashboards that clearly communicate the data story. The ideal candidate has a background in analytics and statistics, be able to develop relationships across departments and be motivated to achieve positive results. Candidate should also be able to effectively handle ad hoc requests and be self-directed.
This role heavily focuses on providing analytics leadership to the Business, leading and supporting analytical projects in a variety of areas in order to increase overall lifetime profit. Significant interaction with the finance team and business leaders, and may focus on a specific brand, a specific aspect of the business, or one or more of both. Supports marketing personnel in providing insights to the performance of their programs and channels. Gathers, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes recommendations for financial plans. Leads analyses to answer questions related to and to optimize areas such as site functionality, pricing/discounting strategies, marketing channel attribution. Proactively suggest, execute, analyze, and make recommendations related to testing key levers of business performance.
Ideal Candidate Can:
- Develop effective business intelligence strategies and analytics solutions.
- Oversee analytics projects to extract, manage, and analyze data from multiple applications, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Apply statistics and data modeling to gain actionable business insights and boost productivity and revenue.
- Communicate and track key performance metrics across departments.
- Identify business opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Generate reports of findings and present these to senior management.
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and policies.
- Generate insights and storylines through the translation of metrics and a deep understanding of our internal processes, customers, and products
- Present recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the "follow through" of those recommendations to ensure smooth execution with a diverse array of cross-functional partners
- Define critical KPIs and build core operating dashboards to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance
- Solve and present complex problems in an understandable way to stakeholders, business leaders, and executives
- Lead analytical projects and support business decisions through analytics projects designed to increase understanding of business drivers, improve performance and to optimize customer acquisition and retention. This includes:
- Business monitoring and supply-demand balancing -- Support the business daily by monitoring demand, understanding demand and supply constraints and recommending appropriate actions via pricing tactics, changing merchandising strategy, updating channel spend, etc. to ensure the business is optimizing revenue and profit from current customers based on current inventory.
- Assist in top-line business forecasting - Partner with the General Manager and the brand leadership team to forecast revenue for the business during the budget process as well as during the regular reforecast cycles. Also provides forecast dailies to Supply Chain for planning purposes.
- Test and optimize key areas of the business (e.g. discounting, aspects of pricing, special projects).
- Partner with the merchandising team to work on pricing strategies and support merchandising analytics.
- Work with marketing personnel to prepare detailed models to provide insight into and identify opportunities to improve channel performance. Optimize channel performance, develop seasonal and annual forecasts, and set up and analyze testing data.
- Coordinate performance assessment and projected results related to peak holiday management activities
- Build analytical tools and reports for use by self, team, and others in the organization.
- Proactively identify areas/decisions where additional analytic or strategic insight is needed, and develop recommendations.
- Mentor other analysts across teams and introduce the team to new analytical tools in the marketplace.
- Possess an intellectual curiosity around how to make improve upon standard processes to make them better
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or science preferred; advanced degree preferred
- 4 - 8 years forecasting, modeling, and/or marketing and business analysis experience.
- Strong business acumen, working and at times leading cross-functional initiatives from beginning to end.
- Strong analytical and technical skills -- Excel (must be an expert), SQL (Working Knowledge), PowerPoint, Access (helpful), SAS (helpful), Omniture (helpful), R Statistical Software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across teams
- Ability to explain methodology and results to an audience with varying roles and backgrounds
- Ability to think beyond what happened and discuss what to do next
- Experience presenting to various levels of management.
- Desire to learn new technical skills and practice continuous personal development
- Comfortable with ambiguity