Senior Business Analyst at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies. We've partnered with brands like 3M, Sanofi, Azek, Chamberlain, Grant Thornton, Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Aon, B&H, and Abbott, just to name a few. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. Check out our Sizzle Reel showcasing some of our latest work here. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
The Business Analyst is ultimately responsible and accountable for all business aspects (i.e. functional, technical, operation, economical) of the requirements and analysis phase of a project and ensures that the final deliverable of a software development project meets all of the intended needs of the business. This person acts as the primary resource in the requirements phase of a project, and the primary business representative in the design and development phases of the project.
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst in the following locations: Open to local candidates in Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA or Atlanta, GA.
- Plan and manage tasks associated with all phases of a software development work: requirements gathering, design, development and testing.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, development of requirements, JAD sessions and key analytical troubleshooting.
- Design software solutions through the definition of business processes and workflows, software application navigation flow, user interfaces and reporting layouts, etc.
- Assist QA Team to develop test plans, user scenarios and test conditions to ensure that the expected results would have successfully tested the functional and experience requirements."
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communication
- Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design / project.
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Perform additional job-related duties as requested.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong expertise in working with Experience and Technology teams and setting working structure and cadence
- Preferred experience in working on ecommerce projects and working with business teams to define business processes and endpoints
- Thorough working knowledge of SDLC models / methodologies, including waterfall and agile, IT systems and processes, methodologies and their direct implementation to projects
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures
- Ability to understand and apply common, object-oriented modeling techniques, including UML, use case, activity and sequence diagrams
- Experience in data gathering and facilitation techniques (i.e. meetings and JAD sessions)
- Experience with requirements management, use case and modeling tools
- Strong decision making / problem solving skills and experience with software development project
- Experience with applying and general knowledge of various analysis and gathering approaches, methodologies and models
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical / implementation levels
- Ability to coach, mentor and train personnel within a technical organization
- Strong analytical and planning skills / experience with software development projects
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Leads client workshop sessions effectively
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database, system design, Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Understanding of working in projects that implement platform solutions
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems and Intranet Portal systems
- Experience in working with enterprise platforms such as Adobe, Hybris, Sitecore and Episerver
- Experience in working in eCommerce implementation projects is preferred
Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science or related field (preferred).
- 5 or more years of client consulting experience
- 5 or more years of business analysis
- Excellent consulting skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills between both the customer and all levels within the organization are required
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required
- Must be motivated with a focus on team performance
- Willingness to travel
- A MS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related experience
- Preferred experience in working on projects gathering requirement in the following:
- Sitecore, Episerver, Hybris, Adobe
- ECommerce Projects
Who We are:
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led organization driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We're a start-up at heart and we're able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
- Top Workplace Awards: Chicago Tribune – 5 Years!, Dallas Business Journal, Chicago Timmy Awards, and Crain's Business Detroit
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of "Fastest Growing Companies," 4 Years!
- Best Charitable Organization/Non-Profit Website – Webby Awards
- Top Partners with Microsoft, Sitecore, and EpiServer
- Google Developers Certified Agency – 4 years running!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint:
- Flexible PTO
- Casual and open office environment
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Bi-Weekly Catered Lunches
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you geek out about, we bring people together to make great work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.