At Root, we’ve reimagined car insurance to make it smarter, more equitable, and a better experience for all. Using technology in smartphones, we’re able to measure driving behavior to give our customers the prices they deserve. The BI team uses data, technology, and rapid innovation to develop analytics products to accelerate business decisions. The team is responsible for turning raw data into high-quality, curated datasets that generate actionable insights, so strong technical skills, communication, and business acumen are a must. If you love fast-paced environments and using data to solve problems, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
What You'll Be Doing.
- Leading BI Analysts to design & develop data structures that support downstream analysis
- Work with business teams and Data Science to understand and scope new features
- Assist the analytics manager in auditing and reviewing the work of junior analysts
- Prep, ingest, cleanse and maintain data in the data warehouse for efficient delivery to Tableau
- Mentor junior analysts to further develop soft skills and technical competencies
- Assist in the interview process and onboarding of new analysts
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile and identify gaps, uncover unmet business needs to create finished solutions
What We're Looking For.
- 3+ years of work experience in data engineering, BI, or similar (preferably insurance-related)
- Excellent SQL skills. Ability to efficiently transform data without the use of an ETL tool
- Prior mentor or line management experience preferred
- Experience using version control tools like GIT
- Detail-oriented person who is passionate about quality and enthusiastic about new technology
- Capable of prioritizing multiple projects across the team, while still achieving deadlines
- Superior written and oral communication skills
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.