SENIOR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Responsible for the delivery of Business Intelligence and Analytics consulting solution, including demonstrating proficiency at the architecture level as well as the ability to develop one or more projects concurrently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Define and manage the full development lifecycle to meet client needs
- Design and delivery of enterprise data warehouse analytics
- Design and delivery of large-scale, high-performance data transformation and storage systems
- Lead consultants in various project work streams
- Act as a project manager to keep projects moving towards completion
- Willingness to translate business requirements into technical architectures
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent consulting skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and team members
- Provide thoughtful leadership around performance management and the information lifecycle
- Define and oversee the full development lifecycle
- Experience leading teams
- Think "out-of-the-box" to design solutions that meet client needs, stay within their budget and utilize available staff
- 5+ years of demonstrated advance proficiency in SQL development methodologies
- Relational Database (Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MS Access)
- Analytical Platform (Microsoft SSAS, SAS, MicroStrategy, Tableau/Qlikview)
- ETL Tools (Microsoft SSIS, QlikView)
- Reporting Tools (Microsoft SSRS, Power BI, Tableau/QlickView)
- Programming Language Requirements
- SQL (T-SQL, PL/SQL)
- MDX/DAX is a plus
- Patterns and Best Practices in data warehouse design (Kimball, Inmon, etc.)
- Patterns and Best Practices in Extract, Transform, and Load Design and Development
- Master’s Degree in Business of Computer Science
- Relevant hands-on development experience in the following: SharePoint Server, creating and configuring site collections, deploying pages, configuring web parts, power BI, master data management (MDM)
- Familiar with SQL Server Master Data Services
- BusinessObjects experience/expertise
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Business Intelligence or SQL Server Administration/Querying
- 5+ years of development or client consulting experience
- Experience with: Java, Python, and/or R
- Industry (Insurance) and functional (e.g. Finance, Sales, Marketing, Logistics, HR, etc.) expertise
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.