Senior Business Intelligence Data Analyst at SPINS LLC
Who we are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.What you will do
The Senior Business Intelligence Data Analyst will provide quantitative and qualitative subject matter expertise to the Product Intelligence team and its customer base systems, including internal and external business stakeholders with the objective of identifying trends and outcomes leading to decisions that improve the current Product Intelligence solutions as well as creating new offers.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Acquiring a deep understanding of the business questions or problems, and proactively translating them into appropriate mathematical representations providing analysis for strategic priorities and new offers.
- Identifying and presenting actionable patterns in data. Researching data trends that will positively influence organizational decisions regarding industry and market changes, thereby informing future product portfolio strategies.
- Mining data sources and looking for trends. Extracting data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and facilitating sharing between multiple data systems.
- Analyzing and interpreting data in collaboration with internal business stakeholders by designing and implementing advanced models, leveraging statistics, mathematics, and econometrics to support short- and long-term business strategies.
- Proficiently extracting and managing large volumes of data. Synthesizing and interpreting the results and displaying findings as appropriate, in creative and easy to understand charts and tables.
- Conducting Product Mix analyses and providing accurate interpretations and trends that focus on optimal profitable outcome measures.
- Demonstrating a strong ability to effectively communicate findings, reports, and charts to organizational stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or Math required; or a minimum of 5 years of experience analyzing data and developing solutions utilizing business analysis tools. Graduate degree preferred.
- Proficient experience in at least one visualization tool, such as PowerBI (preferred), QuickSight, Qlikview/Qliksense, Tableau, etc.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, SPSS, etc., including advanced SQL and data blending skills.
- Ability to serve as a subject matter expert in data visualization and storytelling, providing both reactive and proactive consultative guidance for internal business partners.
- Proven UX design skills to ensure a positive user experience with all self-serve BI solutions.
- Promote best practices around analytical modeling techniques and data visualization.
- Experience publishing BI applications and reports.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Structure data visualization tools for appropriate data source, filtering, and statistical methodology application.
- Maintain a positive team attitude that fosters creative development within the organization.
- Proven experience developing and executing strategic projects and initiatives.
- Ability to participate in emerging data governance standards initiatives to remain current on evolving standards.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to function in multi-project environment with tight deadlines.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Proficient in various regression models, clustering techniques, time series forecasting and machine learning decision tree algorithms.
- Experience working in CPG product formulation industry.
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.