Senior Business Intelligence Developer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What will you do?
- Working within a team supporting the Clearcover Analytics Center of Excellence collaborating with all business units to deploy BI solutions as well as deploying self-service products across Clearcover
- Writing production-quality ELT/ETL data transformation code with an eye towards performance and maintainability
- Coach product analysts and business owners on utilizing BI data tools visualization best practices
- Collaborating with data engineers on infrastructure projects as well as data source ingestion
- Delivering new, reusable business intelligence solutions and demonstrating value proposition to customers
- Working with the team to develop novel approaches to finding, collecting, and using data
- Communicating with external vendors, consultants, and regulators.
What do you need?
- Must possess a Master's degree in Info Systems, Computer Science, Economics, or a related field and 1 year of experience in a data analytics or business intelligence role.
- Must also possess experience with (i) SQL query writing; (ii) Snowflake serving as the Data Warehouse production platform; (iii) Tableau in a production environment supporting 100+ users; (iv) semi-structured data types such as JSON and XML; (v) GIT repository experience in a production environment; and (vi) designing data structures and data models conforming with best practices of cloud-based data warehouse architecture.
- Must also have 1 years of experience with data build tools and skill sets (or equivalent) in a production environment that supports data flow and data task orchestration involving Jinja, Python and SQL scripting. Will accept work or academic experience.
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited PTO, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social