Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
What You'll Do:
- Own the design, development and administration of advanced analytics dashboards and reporting and business intelligence tools. Starting from requirements gathering across cross-functional teams to the delivery of analytic solutions into production, as well as supporting administration of intelligence and analytics environments and tools
- Design data marts and other information stores to support advanced analytical reporting and self-service BI analysis and exploration, utilizing multiple data and visualization technologies
- Consult with internal users, providing guidance and support for the development of new data sources, reporting and dashboards
- Provide analytics expertise and support for our Next Generation Sequencing Lab
- Work closely with technical and product teams to drive changes to our systems to support future functionality and analyses
- Perform robust root cause analyses for and with laboratory, operations and engineering teams.
- Define KPI's and develop tools to monitor business and operations metrics
- Develop and facilitate data governance initiatives to assure data integrity across distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science/Statistics, Finance or similar STEM education
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytics development role, with a heavy focus on integrated data store development, querying complex data (OLAP / OLTP / unstructured) and analyzing, then clearly presenting the analysis results to stakeholders
- Minimum 3 years report-development and data visualization experience, current BI tools (Tableau minimum, others applicable)
- Demonstrated advanced technical skill, knowledge of data systems and query languages
- High SQL aptitude, experience working with at least one scripting language
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on laboratory processes in the field of next generation sequencing
- Ability to deliver both high-level explanations of complex problems while also able to deep dive into complex problems
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to partner with both business and technical team members and translate technical language to the non-technical need
- Creative problem solver, ability to handle multiple projects, and strong work ethic needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail
- Able to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and an eye towards process improvement
- Persistent and resilient person who thrives in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
Bonus points for:
- Advanced analytics experience - classification/predictive modeling, optimization models, machine learning (deep learning, NLP)
- Healthcare domain knowledge and experience with healthcare transmission formats (e.g. FHIR, HL7, ANSI X12) and data models (e.g OMOP)
- Expert knowledge of relational database modeling concepts, SQL skills, proficiency in query performance tuning, and desire to share knowledge with others
- Experience building cloud-native applications and supporting technologies / patterns / practices including: AWS, Docker, CI/CD, DevOps, and microservices
We’re on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We’re looking for Engineers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sxual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.