Senior Business Systems Analyst at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
We are seeking a seasoned Staff Business Systems Analyst with expertise with multi-platform environments and their associated integrations.
The successful individual in this role will work collaboratively with multiple IT teams, business analysts and product managers to ensure products are designed with a clear understanding of dependencies, connections and risks.
What you will do in this role?
- Document business processes, data flows and use cases
- Facilitate requirements gathering and deliver gap analysis and impact assessments
- Write user stories and review test cases
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies
- Clarify designs and stories with developers, UX, QA and other dependent teams
- Deliver support documentation
- Track and report adoption and value metrics
- Understand business drivers and map business needs to functional design.
- Document functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business use cases
- Create and present data and designs to the business teams, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners and end-user representatives
- Drive UAT with business users including coordination and user acceptance
To be successful in this role you have:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a business analyst or related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- A proven and verifiable history of analyzing business situations and working within a group environment to provide efficient and effective software solutions
- Experience working in an agile environment and familiar with Agile product delivery methods
- An understanding of relational databases
- Ability to create user flow diagrams
- Ability to create data flow diagrams
- Open to learning new UX / prototyping tools related to interaction and conversation design
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Experienced in preparing as-is process documentation, to-be process documentation, and performing detailed gap analysis
- Business Analysis experience in a software company
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Help uncomplicate the work environment of tomorrow by forecasting scalable solutions and when they need to be ready to be delivered in order to positively influence the customer journey
- Work with the business, design, engineering, and product teams to create digital transformation experiences for internal stakeholders and customers
- Work based on Agile digital execution and communicate across multiple cross teams to ensure successful project delivery
- Translate your findings and recommendations to senior leadership to gain alignment, affect change and influence long term digital strategies
- Help innovate and create customer solutions that will affect organizational transformational in the face of a digital-first emerging landscape
- Participating in User Acceptance testing and recommend improvements.
- Build proofs-of-concept (POC) for potential new solutions and technologies by working closely with product management and engineering teams.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.