Senior Clinical Genomics Scientist at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable genomic scientist with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research. This position requires experience in exome or whole genome NGS sequence analysis, variant interpretation and prioritization and an understanding of cancer biology and human genetics. Top candidates will also have experience translating research findings into clinically relevant and actionable information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify gaps and contribute to the building of the Tempus clinical knowledge database.
- Design and evaluate analysis for sequencing-based projects; discuss valid data collection methods.
- Generate and maintain clinical SOPs
- Collaborate with bioinformaticians, scientists, and clinicians to design and perform analyses and evaluate observed associations.
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Broad Biology background with a deep understanding of human genetics and oncology.
- Ability to critically analyze medical and scientific literature with outstanding attention to details.
- Familiarity with Exome and Whole Genome Sequencing in clinical testing space.
- Familiarity with databases, tools, and resources commonly used in interpretation of genomic data.
- Experience with genetic variant curation and/or interpretation of clinical relevance based on the AMP and ACMG guidelines is highly desired.
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages (perl, python or R)
- Ph.D. or M.D. degree in Human Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Genomics or appropriately-related field is required.