Senior Cloud Data Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for the technical design, deployment, monitoring and ongoing support and maintenance of a diverse set of cloud technologies. The role is a technical, hands-on opportunity with a heavy focus on automation, resilient design and deployment of cloud ready systems and services. This role collaborates with Product teams internal and external to IS to provide world class products and services in support of our application development community, and our business as whole. This is a 'DevOps' position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities
How You’ll Do It
- Leads the design, build and maintenance of modern cloud platforms that support agile teams.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drives continuous improvement of cloud products & capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
- Proficient with infrastructure automation scripting and deployment technologies such as Chef, Ansible etc
- Linux proficiency required
- Past experience using cache technologies is desired - gemfire, redis, memcache etc
- Ability to design/redesign and extend capabilities of onpremise installations to cloud providers is needed
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 4+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field
- In lieu of education, 6+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years Application or platform development, Consulting, or related Minimum
- Be part of the support team to administer, troubleshoot and navigate through issues is expected #LI-BG1 #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.