Senior Cloud Database Engineer
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Database Engineer to join our Data team. Our team is passionate about automating our infrastructure and ensuring that we stay current with the latest technology practices.
The Senior Cloud Database Engineer will provide technical leadership and execution of cloud infrastructure.
If this sounds like you and your next career move, then we would love to hear from you!
What your day could consist of:
- Provide best practice recommendations and guidance for use of the AWS cloud
- Take the lead on triaging technical escalations and drive incidents/problems until resolution that involves networking, and cloud infrastructure
- MYSQL knowledge is a must
- Lead and execute system changes and upgrades
- Lead and execute performance and load testing efforts on databases
- Define and set up required monitoring, transition to operations and automate manual processes
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
What is needed:
- Possesses a deep understanding of cloud computing technologies and emerging computing trends
- 5+ years experience in the relation database engineering & administration technical field
- 3+ years RDS, Aurora or MySQL
- Experience with python and other scripting languages
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization
- Prior experience using automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef) required
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- AWS Certifications a plus (AWS Certified: SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect)
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description