Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for a risk analytics professional to join the Collection Analytics team in Chicago. The individual will play a critical role in Avant’s Risk Team. This role will be working directly on developing new collection policies and maintaining existing policies to minimize risk and optimize the customer experience for all of Avant’s direct lending products. We are looking for a hands on candidate who takes ownership and seeks opportunities.
What you do at Avant:
- Build and optimize various collection related strategies for Customer Contacts, loss mitigation and recoveries
- Improve collections performance on all Avant portfolios.
- Designing tests and rollout strategies
- Devise and deploy improved vendor collections strategies.
- Oversee performance trends within the delinquent portfolio.
- Develop portfolio segmentation that enables targeted outreach strategies.
- Prepare and communicate performance narratives to senior leadership.
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments on new initiatives and projects
Why you are a fit at Avant:
- BA/BS Degree with specialization in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Economics. (Masters degree preferred)
- Hands-on experience with Python, R or SAS
- Have Credit Card or Personal Loans experience
- 3+ years of experience in risk analytics in an lending company. Prior experience in Collections preferred
- The ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business objectives
- Excellent overall business judgment and solid management skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven skills to manage effectively across cross functional areas in a matrix-organization
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.