Senior Consultant, Corporate Transformation at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking a successful, ambitious team member to join its Corporate Transformation group as an experienced Senior Consultant. The primary focus of this role will be to support C-suite client business leaders achieve their firmwide value creation objectives. The role is based in New York City or Chicago and offers an exciting career track for high performers.
Corporate Transformation is a unique West Monroe offering that focuses on supporting CEOs and business leaders to identify and drive near-term financial and operational results, while strengthening and positioning the business to win in the years to come. We advise successful leaders who are proactively seeking transformation or require a full reset (turnaround and/or restructuring). We do so by assuming leadership of the businesses’ transformation office. As such, we ensure end-to-end delivery of the value/transformation plan. We work side-by-side with management, boards (and investors) to design all viable paths to create substantial value. We have an investor mindset. We leverage West Monroe’s deep industry expertise and heritage driving technology and operational transformation. Our team brings senior experience to all projects...the team you hire, is who you will see from start to successful finish.
The role has two primary focuses: (1) working with client CEOs and executive leadership teams to drive value creation and supporting transformation efforts, and (2) contributing to new client development and the origination and selling of projects.
Business transformation efforts are varied in time and nature and are likely to include: supporting senior management to develop and drive the execution of strategic plans; leading short-term projects with management teams; program management; and potentially interim roles leading specific projects. Sample projects may include evaluating and implementing company expansion into new product and geographic markets, evaluating cost structures and capital allocation, optimizing and improving company supply chains and operations, evaluating and modeling pricing strategies, driving complex analytics and analyzing business cases for M&A opportunities. These will be hands-on roles, drawing on problem solving skills and the ability to influence senior managers.
Client development support will include: meeting with private equity sponsors, business leadership and working seamlessly with the CT and broader West Monroe teams to highlight the firm’s core capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience working in consulting, investment banking, private equity, transaction advisory, corporate development or other financial and/or strategy roles, operational experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to synthesize large amounts of data (knowledge of Alteryx or SQL is a plus)
- Excellent financial modelling and presentation skills; proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Professionalism, and presence to work with C-suite level clients
- Detail-oriented with a strong sense of ownership
- Highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Outstanding organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
- Ability to travel up to 70%
Key personal attributes:
- Unique ability to engage people
- Role model for behavioral change at clients
- Flexibility and resilience
- A root-cause mindset, and intuitive prioritization skills
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.