Senior Consultant, Energy & Utilities at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Senior Consultant to join its Energy and Utilities Practice. The entire energy and utilities industry in particular is experiencing a fundamental transformation. The future of the industry lies in smart grid solutions and Advanced Metering Infrastructures. As a Senior Consultant, you will help clients undergo effective change management to help grow and improve their business through advanced technology and processes. You will also be an integral part of our team that helps shape our office culture and you will be provided opportunities to respond to the strategic business challenges of our clients, as well as identify, shape and deliver high value transformation programs.
We help clients facilitate smart grid development and efficient, productive operations by:
- Partnering with utilities during the Smart Grid Consumer Grant application process
- Creating a Smart Grid Assessment Profile and road map
- Preparing financial, project management, and smart grid metrics for Federal agencies
- Facilitating customer awareness through demand-side management and customer education and outreach
- Meting NERC-CIP Cyber Security requirements while minimizing integration costs and maximizing flexibility
- Preparing employees and customers for change management
- Transforming center operations
- Designing and implementing future-oriented IT and infrastructure solutions
- Establishing green IT strategies
- Assessing the IT and operations aspects of potential acquisition targets
- Enhancing business intelligence and reporting capabilities
Senior Consultants at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
- Work directly with clients to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Work closely with the line of business owners to create new business processes
- Facilitate client workshops focused designing future state business process and requirements
- Support detailed requirements gathering
- Lead package evaluations against industry leading practices across industries
- Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Develop client-ready communications to facilitate decision making, communicate status, mitigate risk or resolve issues
- Participate in the creation of project related deliverables such as project plans, implementation plans, communication plans, and financial models
- Work closely with engagement management to reduce project risk
- Work closely with members of WMP as well as our clients to quickly establish highly functioning joint project teams
Business and Practice Development:
- Participate in the business development process by assisting in the development of project approaches and proposals
- Participate in the practice development process by assisting in the development of tools, methodologies and techniques used by WMP in on client assignments
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g., Electrical or Petroleum Engineering)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a team-based professional environment
- Demonstrated success in both project management and business analysis
- Interest in the entrepreneurial opportunity associated with an expanding WMP office, including a desire to actively participate in strategic growth planning and people development
- Experience in developing work plans, project scopes and pricing estimates
- Strong presentation skills utilized in delivery engagements to clients
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to hand multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, display excellent judgment, and work productively in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and customer relations skills
- Ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 50% is required
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.