Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Credit Bureau Reporting team is responsible for furnishing customer data to the credit reporting agencies for all of Discover’s lines of business, as well as maintaining a robust quality control framework to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of data. The candidate will work with internal and external partners to improve reporting data accuracy, introduce process enhancement and automation, and ensure standardization, consistency and proper documentation of reporting practices across various lines of business. Additionally, the candidate will become familiar with credit bureau reporting standards and utilize data analytics capabilities to research specific scenarios, identify issues, and recommend solutions, as needed.
- Explores and implements process enhancements to improve efficiency and for continued monitoring of existing processes.
- Analyzes portfolio reporting data and identifies inconsistencies with Credit Bureau Reporting policies.
- Leverages portfolio account management data and other internal data to conduct independent analyses.
- Analyzes data relating to customer complaints and disputes across DFS portfolios.
- Interacts with Credit Bureaus to gather information on attributes and match rates.
- Creates dashboards and reports to present results of analysis to management.
- Analyzes DFS portfolio management data to ensure accuracy and consistency of data
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics
- 2+ years of experience in analytics and data mining
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree
- Data analytics
- Strong communication skills
- Project management
- Proactive, capable of working independently with little supervision
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.