Senior Data Analyst (Growth Marketing/Experimenation) at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Growth Marketing team at Grubhub is focused on growing our active diner business, which manifests itself in many ways, from creating email marketing campaign automation pipelines to building models that predict the value of various diner actions. You will be joining our Data Science and Engineering team within Growth Marketing to add business value via your expertise in A/B testing and strong analytical skills.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and analytical deep-thinker who would like to closely partner with nontechnical and technical stakeholders. A successful candidate should also have a strong sense of responsibility and ownership, and a demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines. Also being a good teammate -- willing to help anyone anytime as needed -- is a big part of our team ethos.
Culture fit is very important on this team - we're hard workers and proactive teammates. Positive energy and enthusiasm goes a long way on our team!
The Impact You Will Make
- Enhance our experimentation platform by constantly evaluating if we are measuring appropriate business metrics, implementing statistical best practices, and validating that our approach is driving good business outcomes.
- Constantly measure and evaluate the bottom-line impact of CRM experiments and other business initiatives.
- Dig into our testing results to better understand customer behavior.
- Establish KPIs for success with stakeholders and deliver tooling to monitor those KPIs.
- Take ownership of CRM Programmatics performance (finger on pulse of performance, calling out opportunities for iteration, etc). See something odd? Ability to put on debugging/data investigation hat to figure things out is a must.
- Provide test design and analysis on experiments as needed.
- Consult with business stakeholders on appropriate experimental design to answer important questions and ensure new features/initiatives are being tested rigorously.
- Assist in day-to-day CRM campaign target audience data pulls and queries.
- Be a team player to help out other members on the team as needed, and be able to support late night/weekend requests sporadically (i.e critical job fails, etc).
What You Bring to the Table
- 4-6 years experience in data analytics and A/B testing
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or analytical field required
- Solid grasp of statistical techniques (regression models, significance testing, power calculations, causal inference, etc); advanced training in statistics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a track record of leveraging data to influence business decisions and strategy
- High curiosity to understand business impact and uncover actionable insights
- Strong SQL (Spark SQL, Presto, etc) skills
- Good written communicator (writing post-hoc analysis)
- Good communication skills/working with teammates, both technical and non-technical.
- Nice to haves: Tableau, Python, Spark
Got these? Even better
- Infectious enthusiasm and energy, we are looking for culture leaders.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g. MBA, Master's Data Analytics, etc) is preferred.
- Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy, structured and organized.
- Adaptability and collaborative skills.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]