Senior Data Analyst, Marketing at Wyzant
Do you love to make an impact with data? If using tools like SQL, Tableau, Python or R to solve challenging problems is your idea of fun, then keep reading. Wyzant is looking for a senior data analyst, with a focus on marketing, to join our team. You’ll be a part of a growing data team within Wyzant Engineering that provides reporting, analytics, data science and data engineering to the entire business.
We need someone able to answer our tough marketing questions so we can make important decisions that will accelerate our growth. You might be asked to design rigorous statistical tests to measure lift from brand marketing, find ways to improve customer lifetime value for search engine marketing or analyze our top performing affiliate marketing partners. You’ll also have the opportunity to expand into other subject areas, like product analytics or data science.
- Operate as subject matter expert on marketing measurement
- Design and run statistical tests to understand the effectiveness of Wyzant’s marketing efforts
- Design and build reports and data infrastructure to support marketing operations
- Collaborate with our marketing team to find opportunities to grow and improve our marketing efforts
- Provide general analytical support to Wyzant’s marketing organization
- Additional analytical support for product, engineering, finance and customer support.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, web analytics, and marketing attribution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset with a focus on driving action
- Proven track record of making recommendations and identifying trends from complex and diverse data sets
- High internal motivation and curiosity with ability to initiate and own analysis from start to finish.
- 2-5 years of experience in an analytical role, 1-4 of which was in marketing analytics
- 3+ years working with SQL in a data warehouse environment. Redshift experience preferred.
- 3+ years working with spreadsheet tools such as Excel or Google Sheets
- 2+ years working with statistical tools such such Python, R or SAS
- 2+ years working with visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable working in a Mac / Linux environment
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Ads is a plus