Senior Data Analyst (Report Development) at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry pioneer today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst, who will be instrumental in visualizing business trends and insights across the company. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface data-steered insights that drive strategy and optimal choice making for the leads across the organization. We need data, reporting and investigation to do this! In this role, you will need to understand effective dashboard design and translate thorough requirements into dashboards/reporting to help analyze trends.
To succeed in this role, you should love both getting to the ‘truth’ of data and optimally visualizing data/insights in tools like Tableau, ReDash and Excel.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Build and maintain a connected ecosystem of dashboards and reports across multiple different platforms (Tableau, Redash, Arcgis)
Manage projects from inception to completion: requirements gathering, wireframing, KPI definition and refinement, build, QA and delivery
Work across all facets of the business with key stakeholders to transform requirements into actionable dashboards
Partner with the Data League to ensure reporting tables address the needs of the business
Provide ‘self service’ reporting solutions for managers across the organization to effectively manage their business
Maintain a ‘Source of Truth’ for company wide metrics
You Should Have
- 4+ years of experience in a data/BI role
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficiency in Tableau and SQL, (ARCgis or other mapping tool experience a plus!)
- Proven track record of successful dashboard development and adoption by business users
- Strong familiarity with data warehouse environments (e.g., AWS and Presto)
- Ability to balance speed and accuracy - we work quickly but smartly
- Nimble mindset - our business is growing and evolving quickly, you’ll need to too!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]