Senior Data Analyst, Risk
Are you motivated by the thrill of working on global data projects, and love working in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to support the Global Risk Management & Legal Teams through the development and maintenance of tools and models, and the application of sound data analysis. This role will have an immediate impact on the success of our customer, merchants and Groupon as a whole.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Development of predictive modelling and tools to prevent financial losses before they occur including:
- Being the product owner of a Java tool and being responsible for its maintenance and development
- Building and owning the company’s Risk model - managing its scheduled refresh as well as working to improve it - using R programming
- You will anticipate business needs via the development of new tools, analyses and reporting - as well as tweaking those already in place
- Quickly understand and complete ad hoc data requests from various business leaders within the organization
- You will work with cross-functional teams including Legal, Finance, Customer Service, Engineering, Marketing and Sales to drive new projects and improvements to existing initiatives
- Educate end-users on how to use tools and interpret data analyses/models
- Graduate/ Post Graduate degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science - or minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient and proven use of SQL, Java, Teradata, Tableau, Excel/ VBA Development required
- Experience with R, Python, Linux, Unix shell scripting, SAS, Hadoop and ETL management
- Good analytical thought process and aptitude for creative and tenacious problem solving
- Confident and proficient at creating and debugging SQL, Java, R and Python code.
- Project-based business knowledge - ability to diagnose and resolve simple to highly complex issues as well as manage change successfully
- Ability to work on many projects concurrently, delivering final results by hard deadlines
- Effective communication skills; strong ability to engage people across many disciplines, explaining complex concepts in layman’s terms (when appropriate)
- You are able to build and maintain useful relationships with key partners
- Excellent organizational, time management and workload prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently with high-level direction
- Able to work as part of a team in a coordinated, supportive and cooperative manner
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.