Senior Data Analyst at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
The Analytics and Business Intelligence Team is a cross-collaborative team working with nearly all departments in the company. We are a creative, compassionate, and data-driven group of actuaries, analysts, and data scientists. We work together on larger projects, but we also spend time driving our own analyses and working directly with internal stakeholders.
While we are embracing a remote-flexible work week, employees are expected to be within commuting distance of an office. The frequency of in-office days will be determined on a team-by-team basis closer to the reopening of our offices.What you'll do:
- Design and execute analyses to help clients and internal stakeholders answer impactful healthcare questions with healthcare claims (as well as other types of data including demographic data, digital and non-digital engagement data, and operational data).
- Lead in developing scalable and dynamic analytics frameworks, by identifying, scoping, and leading the execution of projects.
- Proactively identify data-driven issues and opportunities and execute on collaborative and efficient problem solving.
- Demonstrate a flexible, yet precise, approach to communication adapting to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to an inclusive and supportive learning environment in the Analytics team.
- 3-6 years experience in a complex, fast-paced, quantitative environment with a high bar for attention to detail and quality of work
- An education in mathematics, economics, statistics or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in at least one coding language such as Python, SQL, R, Stata, or other data processing and analytics environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner, takes initiative, and eager to own projects
- Strong passion for learning and making things better, particularly in healthcare
- Experience mentoring others and contributing to an inclusive and supportive learning environment
- Above all, you are self-sufficient, intellectually curious and take ownership for everything you do
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]
Please note that Collective Health requires all employees to verify receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination or to apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement based on medical need, a sincerely held religious belief, or a local legal exemption. Candidates are not required to furnish such a verification or to seek an exemption from the verification requirement during the application process but would be asked to do so if they accept an offer.