- Provide data analysis and model development support for the development of Pareto’s software solutions (in collaboration with product managers, business analysts, data scientists and consultants).
- Support Pareto’s consulting and advisory engagements through ad-hoc data analysis supports, including defining data needs, ensuring data quality, developing analytical frameworks and execution.
- Collaborate with various business and technical teams, including consultants, product management, and technical developers.
- Continually develop and further Pareto’s analytical, quantitative and modeling skills, capabilities and offerings.
- Support the identification, research and development processes required to obtain, analyze and incorporate new data assets and tools into Pareto’s capabilities.
- Ensure the security, confidentiality, availability, and integrity of client information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field of study (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science)
- Experience in Python
- Extensive experience with SQL
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in a quantitative capacity
- Proven experience exhibiting data and analytical proficiency
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with business and technical team-members
- Exposure to additional statistical software such as SAS and R
- Practical ability to visualize data and communicate analysis findings with Tableau or Power BI visualization software experience
- Experience working with large datasets
- Health care industry experience preferred but not required
Professional Skill Requirements
- Complex Problem Solving - Ability to identify and solve problems by reviewing related information, evaluating options, and implementing solutions
- Critical Thinking - Ability to use logic and reason to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Deductive Reasoning – Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Inductive Reasoning – Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated information or events)
- Quantitative and Analytical Skills - Ability to apply quantitative and statistical analysis techniques to unstructured problems
- Effective Communication Skills – Ability to clearly and concisely communicate information and ideas orally and in writing
- Positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude, along with the ability to work as a collaborative team player
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and follow up
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Successful candidate must be willing and able to travel, when necessary. Estimated travel is less than 5% of the time.
Pareto Intelligence is a leading healthcare solutions company modernizing the way health plans and providers succeed in value-based care. These solutions are supported by proprietary algorithms, predictive models and advanced data science that have analyzed over $100 billion in claims/medical costs and touched over 14 million lives. Through this, Pareto demystifies complex healthcare data and delivers actionable strategies to achieve complete and accurate revenue, communicate critical patient information seamlessly, and inspire more informed business decisions. Pareto was launched in 2013 by HealthScape Advisors, a privately held management consulting firm based in Chicago. That means Pareto’s pedigree is deep expertise and a pragmatic approach to executing solutions.
Pareto Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.