Senior Data Architect at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role: Clearcover is seeking a Senior Data Architect responsible for the strategic design of data architecture systems. This role will be responsible for optimizing databases, developing ETL solutions, and managing automated data flow. You will work together with other teams on developing various data integration strategies.
What will you do?
- Define policies and establish standards for modeling, structuring, naming, describing, securing, and formatting data
- Work with business and IT leadership to define and document the data architecture for enterprise data assets
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models with associated metadata including data lineage and technical data definitions
- Effectively work across team boundaries to establish data architecture and provide guidance to individual teams.
- Partner with various IT teams to design and develop end to end robust, scalable data ingestion pipelines and data platform architecture that will support the analytical and reporting needs of the various business organizations.
- Work closely with the Data & Analytics team to help build the backend solutions for reporting, dashboarding, and analysis.
- Strong understanding and experience building ELT/ETL solutions for both structured and unstructured data sets.
- Prototype new technologies and implement innovative solutions to enable teams to consume and understand data faster.
- Leverage business and domain acumen to interpret and translate business requirements to architecture/technology plans.
What do you need?
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working in enterprise-scale data warehousing, data architecture, and/or data engineering environments.
- 3+ years working as a Senior or Lead Data Architect with a good understanding of Enterprise Architecture as a practice.
- 5+ years of designing, implementing, and building pipelines (ETL) that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- 5+ years of SQL (Snowflake, BigQuery, AWS Redshift, etc.) experience is required
- 5+ years of hands-on data modeling experience, especially dimensional data modeling
- Must have practical knowledge of Data visualization tools (preferably Looker)
- Strong understanding of core infrastructure components (servers, network, storage).
- Experience with Data Governance, Data Privacy and Security, and Data Pipeline Operations.
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.