Ways You’ll Contribute
- Manage data infrastructure (AWS, Airflow) ensuring high availability, and monitoring cost.
- Make recommendations for evolving cloud-based data architecture.
- Develop infrastructure as code solutions (Terraform) for managing Cloud resources.
- Develop standardized tooling to support ELT development using Python, Snowflake, and Kafka
- Document our systems for all business groups.
- Support partners, analysts, and data scientists on diverse projects.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- Strong SQL writing skills
- Advanced proficiency in Python (data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, using APIs)
- Experience administering a cloud data warehouse, highly desired experience with Snowflake.
- Advanced proficiency in Airflow -- building DAGs, developing custom operators, and leveraging plugins.
- Familiarity with schema design and dimensional data modeling is a plus
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, coding standards, GitHub, automated testing and deployment
- Experience with deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructure using Terraform or similar framework.
- Experience supporting production systems and developing on-call/incident management playbooks.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing data security and governance best practices.
- The ability to work independently and set your own priorities with careful attention to detail and deadlines.
- A service mindset to business stakeholders
XSELL is committed to a culture of teamwork; where everyone works together to plan, do, learn, and continuously improve. We accomplish that by staying true to our core values.
- Best Chapter: Every XSELLer is plugged in and focused on writing their “best chapter yet”, both personally and professionally. We believe in working hard to achieve success, but that success only comes if we are doing it together. We do this with a high level of humility, integrity, and compassion towards our coworkers. We celebrate and recognize each other and have a lot of fun along the way.
- Know Us By Our Results: We do what we say and say what we do. Our coworkers and clients will “know us by our results” – we welcome that and embrace transparency and measurement.
- Do It The XSELL Way: Together we are building an inclusive culture full of top-performing, talented people that are striving towards common goals with resilience. People will admire not only the work we do but also that we “do it the XSELL way” – as one team. We do this through strong communication, collaboration, and accountability to each other.
- Open for Business: We are always “open for business” – fiercely committed to improving ourselves, our team, and our company. We stay curious and approach every situation as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Conversations Happen In the Room: Feedback is imperative to our collective success. We approach the “conversation in the room” with respect, empathy, and candor. Our dialogue with each other is always open and honest.
XSELL Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us.