Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Senior Data Engineer you will design, implement, and maintain big data pipelines responsible for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions. You will be part of a growing team to develop and mature IAS’ capability in video ad verification, analytics and anti ad fraud software products. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, dedicated, detailed-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. You should be able to not take yourself too seriously as well.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, code and maintain components for aggregating tens of billions of daily transactions
- Work on Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, and/or Spark in columnar databases on AWS
- Contribute to the entire software lifecycle including hands-on development, code reviews, testing, deployment, and documentation for streaming & batch ETL and RESTful APIs
- Provide leadership, work collaboratively, and be a mentor in an awesome team
You should apply if you have most of this:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of recent hands-on in object oriented language (Java, Scala, Python)
- 5+ years of experience designing and building data pipelines and data-intensive applications
- Experience using Big Data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce) and MPP databases (e.g., RedShift, Snowflake) for complex data assembly and transformation
- Strong knowledge of collections, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, performance, scalability, and reliability in a Big Data setting
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience in full software development, Agile, and continuous integration / deployment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What puts you over the top:
- Experience building production level systems in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Building event-driven microservices applications using spring boot or gRPC
- Orchestrating data pipelines using tools such as Airflow
- Familiarity with messaging frameworks like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Spark streaming or Flink
- Solid understanding of OLTP and OLAP systems, database fundamentals
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.