We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it is our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
What we are looking for:
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be building ETL pipelines, analytics tooling, data warehousing, and enabling data science teams as part of the digital manufacturing platform Fast Radius is creating. Some key constituents of your work will be the data scientists working on machine learning models across a number of different topics, as well as business analysts and forecasters helping to improve our product and operations. You'll play a key role in technical decisions and be on the ground in implementation, and help data consumers understand your architecture and organization.
Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Work with in-house data scientists and analysts to ensure clean, accurate data is available to meet their needs
- Optimize the performance of ETL workloads
- Contribute to decisions about which analytical technologies are employed
- Advise analysts and data scientists on which data is available and where
- 5+ years of professional experience in the following areas:
- -ETL pipelines
- -Data warehousing or data lakes
- -Python or Scala, and SQL
- Experience working across functions, including data science and business analytics to gather requirements and ensure understanding
- Experience deploying and maintaining machine learning applications
- Familiarity with Apache Spark
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description