Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team and help build Chowbus’ next generation data warehouse, data marts, real-time intelligence, and state-of-the-art data-driven logistics solutions.
- Design and model Chowbus’ data warehouse and business/domain specific data marts
- Design and build ETL pipelines and efficient ETL jobs, ingesting data from multiple sources, and transforming raw data into consumable data assets
- Ensure high data quality through testing automation
- Help design, build, maintain a robust data platform for batch and realtime integration
- Manage and provide technical guidance/mentorship to team members
- Analyze data to measure impacts of data schemas and use it to iterate on improvements
We are excited if you have...
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, data warehouse modeling and data design patterns
- 5-8 years experience with Python or other general purpose programming languages
- Hands-on experience with Spark and/or other big data tools for batch processing
- Exposure within Amazon AWS, Snowflake, Databricks or other cloud / data platforms
- Background in designing / building complex, interdependent ETL pipelines
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree, preferably in a computer or data discipline
- Experience with Real-time streaming technologies like Spark Streaming
- Knowledge of event instrumentation / event hub technologies like Kinesis, Kafka
- Exposure to Data Science and Machine Learning
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.