ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
The Data Engineering organization’s mission is to build a cohesive data strategy and data ecosystem which enables all the internal and external customers to view and act upon meaningful and actionable insights.
We aim to achieve this data strategy vision by building a best-in-class repeatable framework to ingest, transform and make it available for consumption by analytics systems, data scientists, application developers and integrations.
ActiveCampaign’s Data Engineering team builds and operates a data ecosystem supporting our internal and external customers. We ingest data from multiple sources such as MySQL, Kafka, S3 and third party APIs and provide a clean, single source of truth from our Snowflake data lake.
As the senior data engineer, you will work closely with other data engineers and data scientists who own all the data ingestion, transformation, quality and security aspects of our data ecosystem.
This is a great opportunity to work in a SaaS company experiencing hyper-growth, and our data is growing faster than ever. You will build a data ecosystem that can support petabyte-per-day ingestion and processing by 2023 while also sustaining our business by building on past decisions.
What your day could consist of:
- Provide valuable contributions towards building a data ecosystem which serves whole organization
- Build scalable, optimized “big data” pipelines
- Own responsibility for building data architecture which enables business intelligence and other teams to consume data efficiently
- Enable data scientists to use quality data sets for further insights
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, meta data, dependency and workload management
- Work with cross functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Build a data lake and data warehouses which enables everyone to consume data effectively
- Promote modern technical standards
What is needed:
- 8+ years of industry experience implementing and delivering data driven solutions
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing data driven applications using big data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Snowflake, Data bricks, Mapr, Hadoop
- 4+ years of experience with object oriented, functional scripting languages Java, Python, Scala, etc...
- Experience building data models and data architecture for business driven data applications
- Experience building abstraction layers on top technologies like Spark to enable developer productivity
- Strong experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Stream processing systems like Spark Streaming, K-SQL
- Experience building query layer using Presto
- Experience building data pipelines and orchestrations using tools like Airflow, Oozie
- Strong experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- AWS Cloud services like EMR, EC2, EKS, RDS, etc...
- Building micro service architectures for data driven applications
- ElasticSearch experience and tuning elastic search to better perform is a big plus
- Experience deploying applications on Kubernetes
- Understanding and fostering devOps Culture
- CI/CD techniques and tools
- Experience with data pipelines and platforms
- Elastic search experience
- R&D Mindset
- Building microservice architecture to enable reporting systems
- Building BI systems
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.