Senior Data Engineer at Pareto Intelligence (Chicago, IL)
- Act as the senior member of a cross-functional, agile data development team.
- Jump in and solve the most complex technical problems and design issues. Initiate and lead refactoring effort.
- Be a top-notch coder on the team, capable of deep diving into implementation details of components and features across the technology stacks.
- Stay on top of and drive adoption of advanced cloud-based features and capabilities where it makes sense.
- Champion, nurture and guard Agile/DevOPS software development mindset within the team and supporting functions.
- Work closely with Platform/Enterprise Architects to develop optimal software/system architecture
- Bridge the gap between high-level architecture developed by Enterprise/Platform Architects and the detailed solutions design input needed by the delivery teams.
- Work closely with data operations to develop the most optimal system architecture/deployment design for content core platforms
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. / M.S. Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem-solving skills (such as data structures, computational algorithms, and operating systems).
- 5 years of software engineering experience, a track record of building highly scalable, high-quality systems in a direct-to-consumer business. Should had played a critical role in the development of such systems.
- Expertise with Data driven software development and complicated data sets
- Python, PySpark, Spark
- Strong SQL background
- Java or Scala is a bonus
- Expertise in relational database design, practical experience of developing systems with NoSQL/MongoDB/Couchbase.
- Experience in developing or working with machine learning pipelines (TensorFlow is a plus)
- Experience with AWS or other public cloud provider, containerized deployments, Kubernetes, and working in DevOPS environment.
- Team player who is comfortable working with clients and project teams
- Genuine interest in and commitment to healthcare
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment
- Enthusiasm to continue learning, challenge and enhance existing strategic solutions is required
Successful candidate must be willing and able to travel, when necessary. Estimated travel is approximately 15%.
Pareto Intelligence is a leading healthcare solutions company modernizing the way health plans and providers succeed in value-based care. These solutions are supported by proprietary algorithms, predictive models and advanced data science that have analyzed over $100 billion in claims/medical costs and touched over 14 million lives. Through this, Pareto demystifies complex healthcare data and delivers actionable strategies to achieve complete and accurate revenue, communicate critical patient information seamlessly, and inspire more informed business decisions. Pareto was launched in 2013 by HealthScape Advisors, a privately held management consulting firm based in Chicago. That means Pareto’s pedigree is deep expertise and a pragmatic approach to executing solutions.
Pareto Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.