Senior Data Engineer at Cooler Screens (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Sr. Data Engineer
Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in brick-and-mortar retail. We call this concept Consumer Experience (“CX”) and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and edge computing platform at the retail point-of-sale.
Cooler Screens is powered by proprietary innovation and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
As the Data Engineer at Cooler Screens, you will design and maintain an enterprise data warehouse platform architecture that structures data for analytical processes to support BI and data integration management, which will be foundational in building out our data processing pipeline. You will be responsible for constructing how we identify, absorb, store, and query data across the Cooler Screens platform that scales to the rising growth of the company.
As we transform the retail customer experience with our digital media platform, we invite you to join Cooler Screens in enabling the journey.
Who You Are:
- You’re excited to contribute to building a robust scalable and robust data platform and shaping an early-stage startup
- You’re passionate about building scalable data processing systems and turning data into insights
- You know how to develop solutions to transform and optimize data and have expertise in solutions to build robust data pipelines and repositories
- You’re comfortable working with a variety of BI tools and helping users to develop solutions to gain key data insights
- You’re a critical thinker and enjoy measuring, analyzing, and solving complex problems
- You’re experienced and comfortable in managing data from a variety of sources and formats and using best practices to ensure consistency and quality
- You thrive working both independently and in a team environment
What You Need to Succeed
- You have 4+ years of data engineering development experience
- You have extensive experience with Power BI
- You have a deep understanding of the data architecture and relevant technologies
- You have hands-on experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop
- You have an advanced understanding of cloud data warehousing solutions
- You have extensive experience with database modeling and design
- You have experience with Data Lake development. Databricks experience would be a huge plus.
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. You can be based in Chicago or possibly elsewhere.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.