Senior Data Engineer
About the Company
Civis Analytics is a rapidly growing Chicago-based company building SaaS data science products to help organizations use data to drive and optimize their decisions. We are proud to work on some of the world’s most meaningful data science challenges.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone with a passion for building compelling customer experiences and a proven ability to collaboratively research, design, develop, test and launch high-quality data-driven products. If you are excited by data, excel at critical thinking, and want to provide mentoring and guidance for the team responsible for building and maintaining the data backbone of Civis Analytics, we’d love to talk to you.
The Senior Data Engineer, reporting to the Lead Data Engineer, provides technical leadership to the data engineering team. The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for design, implementation and production support for data-driven products.
At Civis, we strive to build more diverse and inclusive teams to empower our employees and deliver better outcomes for our clients—and also because it’s the right thing to do. Civis is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of all identities and backgrounds. We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Building ETL pipelines for a wide variety of data sources
- Building and maintaining the core datasets for consulting, R&D, and deployed applications
- Ensuring privacy, compliance and security protocols for Civis data
- Integrating our core data assets into the rest of the technical organization and products
- Leading agile technical delivery of data pipelines
- Providing technical mentorship
- 5+ years in data engineering, data-centric software development or a related field
- Interest in working with data scientists and machine learning experts
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey clear priorities and mission to stakeholders
- Deep understanding of architectural requirements and development processes involved in building reliable, robust, scalable data products and pipelines