Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
As part of the Reverb Data Engineering team, you’ll help build the platform to enable data-driven decisions and products that scale along with our business. We’re using Python and Scala in our data pipeline to support our BI users. We’re a small, eager team so we’re looking for engineers who can take a high degree of initiative and enjoy working across team boundaries.
Everyone at Reverb takes creative initiative, helps set their own priorities, and comes up with new ways to grow the business. Our engineers take pride in building great software but take even more pride in shipping great features for our customers. If you want to learn more, check out this video on working at Reverb.
- Design, build and maintain resilient data pipelines from a variety of data sources
- Implement testing and Continuous Integration frameworks to validate and ensure the quality of our schema, data and processes
- Collaborate with data science and stakeholders across the organization to raise the bar for data best practices and management
- Build and maintain internal data processing and visualization tools to ensure that stakeholders have timely access to data.
- Advocate for internal and external customers to break down problems, set priorities and follow up on performance and functionality
- Take a pragmatic approach to development through understanding and making well-reasoned technical decisions and tradeoffs.
- Participate in pairing sessions, code reviews, and take initiative on research projects/requirements.
- Elevate your direct team members and other developers through continuous mentorship.
- 5+ years of software development experience with demonstrated expertise in ETL systems and database architecture
- Production-level Python experience a must, Scala and AWS experience are pluses as they're part of our ecosystem.
- Understanding of different types of data storage and their trade-offs with regards to availability, consistency, read/write throughput and maintenance cost.
- Experience implementing testing and continuous integration frameworks
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineering peers, data analytics, and business stakeholders.
What we offer:
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Volunteering Time Off policy.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
- A MacBook, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and standing desk.
This is a local position in Chicago, please no remote workers or recruiters.
Read Full Job Description