Senior Data Engineer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for applying a hands-on approach with next-generation technologies to contribute to the team by designing and developing the latest data-driven platforms and next-generation analytic technologies.
- Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks, real-time processing solutions, and data processing/transformation frameworks, leveraging open-source tools.
- Provides senior-level technical consulting to peer-data engineers during design and development for highly complex and critical data projects.
- Deploys application codes and analytical models using CI/CD tools and techniques and provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models.
- Apply Object-Oriented Design (OOD) principles and develop software applications using Java.
- Ability to apply coding skills by working on API integrations, diagnosing and building entirely new functionality from scratch.
- Ability to work with static code analysis, perform unit testing and should have strong debugging skills
- Good understanding on RDBMS and should be familiar with any of the databases like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata MySQL, etc.
- Familiarity with concepts of SOAP & RESTful services
- Understanding of continuous integration & continuous deployment techniques
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas to team members with varying levels of technical expertise
- Supports technical initiatives and provides input into best practices to team.
- Knowledge on ETL techniques, Hadoop, Data analytics, Big data is an advantage
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience on NoSQL databases, MongoDB, Redis, or DataStax
- Hands on experience with at least one scripting language (Perl, Groovy, Python)
- Experience with Gradle, GitHub, Nexus, SonarQube, Jenkins
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!