Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Are you passionate about process improvement and automation? Are you excited about systems that manage complex data pipelines? The Campaign Execution team in the Data Engineering organization at Avant is looking for a Data Engineer to build out tools to execute, manage, automate, and monitor these data pipelines, as well as their interfaces with our production systems. Join us and contribute to systems and tools that deliver high-quality data and make a huge impact on our decision-making processes!
What you do at Avant:
- Develop, maintain, test, and document data transformation pipelines that power essential day-to-day business operations
- Review code and provide feedback to fellow data engineers
- Act as a liaison between the Data organization and stakeholders of our data pipelines
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
- Contribute to tooling as well as our technology architecture and direction
- Act as a technical expert to the engineering team
What you might own at Avant:
- Data pipelines that drive a variety of campaign-driven decision-making at Avant
- A software framework that enables the team to manage and execute on data pipelines at scale
- Software and infrastructure that sends data to Avant’s production systems
- Interfaces between the Campaign Execution systems and our data warehouses
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or other quantitative field
- Experience working in cloud technologies - preferably AWS
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience working on PySpark
- Knowledge in SQL and ETL/ELT processing
- Experience developing and performance tuning Spark data pipelines
- Experience working in various interfaces like pub/sub, API's and ODBC/JDBC
- Experience working with code promotion using Github, Jira and Jenkins
- Data modeling and schema design
- Experience maintaining technical documentation
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.