Senior Data Engineering & Analytics Manager
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is seeking an experienced Senior Data and Analytics Manager to join our emerging Advanced Analytics Practice in the Chicago office developing technology solutions for our clients in the data warehousing and BI space. This is an excellent opportunity to work within our Information Management team with Fortune 250 clients developing BI strategy and roadmaps, implementing new customer facing reporting and analytics platforms, while gaining exposure to a variety of industries including healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, E&U, and professional services. Candidates will need to demonstrate in-depth understanding and prior experience in Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, ETL development, and reporting solutions.
- Work closely with our clients as part of a development team to evaluate requirements and develop business intelligence and data warehousing solutions·
- Design and develop data warehouse database schemas·
- Design and develop extract, transform, and load (ETL) mappings, procedures, and schedules·
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration and data integrity
- Design and develop reports, dashboards, KPIs, and data extracts
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7+ years of hands on professional development experience
- Strong technical experience in ETL tools (Informatica, IBM DataStage, or Microsoft Integration Services), database platforms (Oracle or SQL Server), and reporting tools (IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Microsoft Reporting Services, or Microstrategy)
- Experience with the Microsoft SQL Server platform (version 2008 or later) is required
- Good knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a data warehousing and business intelligence environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a team of 2 – 5 consultants
- Ability to travel 50% nationally