Senior Data Governance Consultant
Smarter Thinking. Real Results. Technology consulting has been our story for over 14 years. Companies from all industries partner with us for our innovative mindset to help them digitally transform to create market advantages, become resilient, and prepare for what’s next. With us, the possible becomes actual.
We provide strategic and innovative consulting services focused on digital experiences, engineering, automation, data and analytics, and salesforce solutions. Saggezza consultants work as part of a global team, and throughout their tenure, have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across various clients and industries. We are chartered to do one thing, and one thing only – to bring enabling technology to our clients that allow them to move their business forward.
Saggezza is looking for a Data Governance Consultant to help us build and sustain our client’s data capabilities and our competitive advantage. Along with the requirements below, candidates must possess deep, practical experience in Data Management competencies, including data architecture and data quality, across the data life cycle and a strategic mindset towards advancing our clients' data journey. This role will include acting as a liaison between business and technology groups.
Each project will be different, but you'll always be responsible for:
- Significant hands-on experience building and implementing strategic roadmaps that define data domains, standards, and policies at the enterprise level
- Significant hands-on experience creating data dictionaries and maintaining enterprise data quality standards
- Experience implementing measures that improve data quality and improve business efficiency
- Experience working with data scientists in the development and use of predictive analytics to inform business decision making
- Familiarity with data architecture principles/approaches, data environment infrastructure considerations, and data modeling principles/approaches
- Ability to drive out technical requirements with the business and IT stakeholders for the implementation of data solutions
- Hands-on experience delivering in an Agile environment, including but not limited to definition, estimation, prioritization, developing testing, and deployment of Agile features/stories/tasks
- Experience aligning and integrating data governance activities into Agile delivery methodologies (e.g., source registration, business glossary definition)
- Prior professional experience in an IT management, management consulting, or client-facing role strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, or Retail industries is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in engaging, communicating, and presenting to stakeholders across both business and technology functions
Tools and Technology:
Proficient at leveraging tools and technology to drive value for clients. Examples include the following:
- Database Governance Tools: Collibra Data Governance Center
- Business Process Model Tools: Activiti
- Integration Tools - e.g. Mulesoft, Microsoft SSIS, or similar
- Database Management Tools:
- Relational – e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or similar
- NoSQL – e.g. MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, or similar
- Cloud-based – e.g. AWS (Redshift or DynamoDB), Azure (SQL Server or Cosmos DB), or similar
- Data Modeling tools - e.g., Toad, erwin, ER/Studio, PowerDesigner, IBM Data Architect, or similar
- Industry-Leading MDM tools – Ataccama, Profisee, Talend MDM, Informatica MDM, or similar
- Industry Leading BI tools - e.g., Microsoft, Tableau, Qlik, Sisense, Looker, or similar
What We'd Love to See:
- 3+ years of professional experience working in a related role
- Collaborative, innovative, curious, and resourceful, and exhibit a positive attitude
- Strong desire to work on interesting projects with smart and creative people
- Willingness to travel to client sites as needed
- Chicago or New York area candidates preferred but will consider candidates in other parts of the U.S.
From a cultural perspective, we look for individuals who possess the following qualities that will contribute to our success and the success of our clients:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: We seek individuals who enjoy contributing to the growth of an organization and who show commitment to the success of their team.
- Problem-solving skills: Individuals at our company have well-honed analytical skills coupled with business acumen to structure problems, deliver solutions, and communicate insights.
- Drive: Our team sets ambitious goals and seeks energetic professionals, enjoy a fast pace environment, and thrive in taking on responsibility.
Don’t tick all the boxes? Don’t worry about it: we still want to hear from you if you think
you’re the right person for the job.
Why Join Our Team?
- Diverse culture, experiences, and skills.
- Our nurturing and supportive environment fosters collaboration across the entire organization.
- We are not hierarchical but operate as a flat surface where every opinion matters, ideas are cultivated and innovation is encouraged.
- At Saggezza, we are fortunate to have a strong mentorship program that provides every one of our employees the ability to thrive professionally and personally.
- We are only as good as our people. Saggezza, Italian for wisdom, is rooted in the perspective that knowledge is power. We create thought-leaders who are constantly exposed and trained in different technologies in the ever-evolving world of software development.
- We welcome innovators with entrepreneurial spirits to grow with our team.
- Consulting Magazine - Fastest Growing Firms 2019
- Built-In Top Places to Work in Chicago 2020
- Best and Brightest Companies in the Nation 2019 and 2020, Best and Brightest Companies in Milwaukee 2020, and Best and Brightest Companies in Chicago 2020
- 2020 Inc. 5000 List - Honored as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America
Saggezza is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.