Senior Data Modeler at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
The Enterprise Data Modeling team at Discover is looking for a Data Analyst/Modeler to join a diverse team dedicated to data analysis, data classification, logical and physical data design. On this team you will collaborate closely with others to understand operational and analytical requirements and develop and document data design solutions to help the business achieve its goals.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
- Design, develop and deploy database models for application development to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.
- Perform data analysis and data modeling for operational application and analytical databases.
- Be responsible for data classification, naming, design of the database, and the creation of DDL.
- Provide technical consulting for application teams for data naming, classification, design and handling as a part of the first line of defense for data controls in designing systems.
- Suggest and implement improvements in architecture, team processes and functions.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related
- 2+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience with cloud databases
- Experience with dimensional modeling
- Experience with reporting tools
- Hands on experience with programming languages for automation (i.e. Excel macros, etc…)
- Understanding of data modeling best practices
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Great attention to detail
- An active listener
- Ability to manage time and maintain focus
- Excellent problem solving skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.