Senior Data Operations Engineer
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. As a Sr Data Ops Engineer at our organization, you will strive to achieve efficiencies via maximum possible automation and standardization of data operations services.
Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Sr Data Ops Engineer will continuously improve operational efficiency of our database platforms and data pipelines by leveraging automation and open source technology. As a new member of our team, you will initially be responsible for identifying manual tasks and converting them in to automated routines to achieve maximum speed.
What are some examples of projects you will be leading as a Sr Data Ops Engineer at VillageMD?
- Streamline and standardize database instances including security set up across all environments.
- Build a data pipeline dashboard that technology and business leadership can rely on for real time status.
What will make you successful here?
- The ability to stay focused on developing one or two high impact solutions at a time and getting it donewhile supporting daily operational checks, deployments and unplanned activities.
- A desire to partner with engineering and technology enablement teams to promote innovation, standardization and simplification.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to build trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do.
What you might do in your first year:
- Identify opportunities to build automation and services to support management of database platforms and customized data extract services.
- Work closely with technology enablement team to set up environments for new markets and practices including tool installation at practice locations.
- Manage peripheral tools that support database platforms and data pipelines.
- Research, diagnose and communicate data issues and pursue resolution.
- Build data files, dashboard, tools and services that help with optimizing the speed of monitoring and resolution.
- Manage feedback loop between Tech Ops and Engineering teams to continuously improve technology products and services offered by VillageMD.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5+ years of experience in managing more than one database platform (Postgres, SQL Server)
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and reverse engineering data flows
- Experience with an integration tool (Talend, SSIS, etc.)
- Experience with a messaging technology (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Exposure to cloud environments (AWS or Azure)
- Experience working with complex data sets and the ability to troubleshoot multiple data sources
- Ability to thrive in a highly-regulated, fast-paced, and evolving environment
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.