Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for working closely with management to execute analytical initiatives and development of predictive models to provide modeling solutions to Discover business partners. Responsible for solving business problems, designing and developing models by leveraging techniques such as segmentation, optimization, advanced analytics, machine learning and other algorithms. Creates and presents reports and results of analytical and modeling to management or other end users.
- Develops advanced analytics solutions including customer segmentation, optimization, test & design of experiments and prescriptive analytics to solve business problems. Operates as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis, test and design of experiment, analysis methodology, modeling & application and financial impact analysis.
- Collaborates with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs, formulated and completed end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations. Delivers effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Establishes and maintains effective performance tracking; identify improvement opportunity, form hypothesis, propose, design and implement tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization.
- Manages multiple priorities, communicate business performance and project progress to management & business partners.
- Develops and automates reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs. Facilitates implementation of work product and ensure accuracy.
- Consistently follows standard work processes and documentation requirements. Recommends improvement to work processes to increase efficiency while maintaining quality of work. Continuously improves technical and leadership skills through training and development.
- Leverages extensive, deep technical knowledge and leadership skills to drive the development of data science solutions and implements data-driven recommendations and outcomes.
- Maintains a high level of competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools and techniques, and supports the advancement of the "best-in-class" analytical capabilities to unlock new capabilities and performance, and quickly adapts to modern modeling technique. Demonstrated knowledge in analytical tools.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling/Data Science or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling/Data Science or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.