SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Cat Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class digital capabilities to our products and services. With almost one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using IoT and other data, technology, advanced analytics and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.
Cat Digital’s Advanced Data Quality team is looking for a talented and motived Senior Data Scientist that will primarily focus on the data quality evaluation of a very large set of diverse data from IoT connected assets, our integrated network of dealers and enterprise data. This role will contribute to the definition and implementation of quality metrics, identification of data quality rules and evaluation of their impact, as well as root cause analysis of data quality problems. You will also use analytics and visualization methods to solve problems for Caterpillar internal customers. Top candidates will have prior experience in a business intelligence or quality role, be proficient in SQL, have development experience in Python and dashboard design.
- Design, develop, and maintain Dealer and Enterprise quality dashboards and reports
- Provide analytics support to high profile Helios Data Division Projects
- Use analytics methods to make recommendations to Designers, Product Owners and Managers
- Work independently without close supervision on medium to high complexity projects
- Work on 2-3 projects concurrently
JOB DUTIES: As a Senior Data Scientist you will contribute to design, development, testing and deployment of software systems and/or applications.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Mentor and assist data scientists, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- BS or MS degree in quantitative discipline such as data science, data analytics, computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, finance or other related degree
- 7+ years of software development experience or 5+ years of experience with master’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing data processing and machine learning frameworks
- 5+ years of experience with Python, NoSQL and relational databases
Top candidates will also have:
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline such as data science, data analytics, computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, finance or other related degree
- Proven experience in some of the following:
- Compiling and standardizing diverse, non-sanitized datasets.
- Working with structured and unstructured data.
- Developing classification and regression models.
- Unsupervised learning algorithms.
- Experience integrating analytical models with existing data pipelines.
- Solid knowledge of statistical approaches, quantitative analytic methods, data management techniques, and/or related digital technologies, and the ability to handle complex issues.
- Proven experience with AWS full-stack development and services such as Athena, Glue, DynamoDB, EC2, EMR, RDS, S3, SageMaker
- Experience with Snowflake data warehouse
- Experience visualizing data using BI software such as Tableau and MS Power BI
- Good organizational skills and an aptitude for complex analytical and detailed work; ability to prioritize among multiple concurrent projects in order to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Experience gathering information systematically
- Ability to consider a broad range of issues or factors, grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems or issues, and use accurate logic in analysis
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing, and culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to learn and comply with company policies and procedures
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-orientated environment
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .