At SpotHero, The Senior Data Scientist translates undefined business questions into data science problems and works to solve and productionize solutions for internal and external stakeholders, as well as building and maintaining healthy stakeholder relationships.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
Who you are:
As an Experimentalist you are an experienced Data Scientist with a very strong interest and background in applying statistics to data science problems. You are someone who wants to take the lead to design and implement end-to-end experiments, build out an MLOps testing framework and best practices, conduct live assessment of different models, and advise our Product and Marketing teams on SEO, for example. You’re well versed in statistical inference and are drawn to the challenge of what to do when A/B testing is not a viable option.
What will you do:
- Be part of a cross-functional data organization that includes data science, infrastructure and data engineers.
- Dig in and understand our products and business process, as well as how our customers use SpotHero via analysis of large heterogeneous data sets.
- Collaborate with team members across the business (engineering, product, design, marketing, supply, PR, and verticals) to define and implement creative solutions and data products for experiments and analysis that will exponentially grow our business.
- Work with product and marketing to analyze behavioral patterns and ideate on strategies for increasing new customers and overall customer retention.
- Design and build data visualizations and dashboards used across the business.
- Evaluate new data sources and/or new data science technologies in the business environment.
- Act as a key contributor across the organization by clearly articulating data-driven recommendations and insights quickly and concisely, therefore improving and/or disrupting existing business operations.
- Work with the Engineering and Product leaders and others to help define and refine the data science strategy and roadmap for upcoming quarters.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 2 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Hands on experience with multiple data platforms and tools (eg. S3, Redshift, Airflow)
- Proficiency with data science analysis and modeling packages in Python and/or R (including Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, Matplotlib/Seaborn/some other visualization tool).
- Project experience using distributed data analytics technologies (eg. Spark, Presto, Hive).
- Strong ability to communicate on both business and technical subjects.
- Python stack (Pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, seaborn, Jupyter, PyCharm).
- AWS data tools (Redshift, S3, EMR).
- Google suites.
- TensorFlow, Keras.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in Canada or the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.