Senior Data Scientist, Intelligence at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Braze is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Intelligence team. The Braze Intelligence team’s mission is to automate and optimize our customers’ growth and retention programs through ML-assisted decision-making, and prediction. You will help discover the scope of what is possible with machine learning and AI in our mission to improve customer engagement at scale. From that space of possibilities, you will also help select and support specific solutions as they go from prototype to product.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- You’ll collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to build innovative ways to leverage data and automate decision-making for our customers.
- Explore and analyze the billions of daily data points that Braze’s customers generate in search of predictive, valuable, actionable signals.
- Build, analyze, and iterate on models that are best suited for the job, whether that’s supervised or unsupervised learning, neural networks, or simple regressions
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar computational field
- Extensive experience prototyping, refining and deploying predictive models and machine learning & AI, neural networks
- Experience with frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency with relational and document-based databases
- 4+ years working with cloud or distributed systems
- Publication record in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or similar algorithmic fields
- Familiarity with document-based databases
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.