We believe a large part of building an effective insurance company can be solved with a systematic, quantitative framework. We are committed to the rigorous development and effective deployment of data science and machine learning methods to problems in the insurance industry.
Our Telematics team is looking for a senior-level Data Scientist to lend technical guidance, stretch the boundaries of existing paradigms, and challenge the status quo.
In this role, you will own fundamental research of new capabilities, e.g., in pricing, underwriting, claims, and customer experience. Telematics adjacencies are expected, but will not be a part of all tracks of research.
The ideal candidate will be curious, enterprising, and audacious, with a strong theoretical background in mathematics or statistics and a zest for cross-functional communication.What you’ll achieve.
- Technical and thought leadership to the Telematics Data Science team
- Proof-of-concept research and rigorous value quantification
- Leading the progression of minimum viable products and production solutions, with the option to grow a team to assist with execution
- Application of deep theoretical consideration to existing capabilities and advise on improvements
- 5+ years of applying data science and machine learning methods in a complex, multi-stakeholder marketplace
- Strong, demonstrated experience building, validating, and applying statistical machine learning methods
- Strong programming skills with expertise in Python or R
- Exceptional communicator and storyteller
- Demonstrable experience challenging the status quo and winning advocacy from technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Previous experience working in the insurance industry, a plus