For 20 + years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
At SPINS we have the world's best natural and organic artificial intelligence data and the challenge to unlock its value. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work with our Data Science team on any one of a wide-range of interesting projects at SPINS, which span the following areas and more:
- Price Optimization and Elasticity Modelling
- Assortment Recommendation Systems
- Product Lifecycle Modelling and Prediction
- Natural Language Classification
Not only will you be working on new and innovative ideas in the world of retail artificial intelligence, you’ll have the ability to help potentially millions of people to enjoy a healthy, more vibrant lifestyle.
You’ll be responsible for the following:
- Developing new ideas into AI/ML driven products using our wealth of natural and organic retailer data
- Engaging with domain experts as well as development teams to bring your research to market through productization
- Distilling enormous amounts of unstructured data in a distributed setting into bottom-line impact for our partners and clients
What you bring.
- Experience with Google Cloud or other Cloud computing design, provisioning, and tuning.
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages and 4+ years of experience using python in a retail analytics context (iterators, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Substantial knowledge / experience with SQL.
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management.
- Experience with Docker or a similar container framework and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes (preferred).
- Direct experience with TensorFlow (preferred), Caffe, Keras, Theano or Torch (preferred).
When we began working from home in March, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.