We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
The Analytics and Business Intelligence team is a cross-collaborative team working with nearly all departments in the company. We are a creative and compassionate, data-driven group of actuaries, analysts, and data scientists. We work together on larger projects but we also spend time driving our own analyses and working directly with internal stakeholders.
This role is critical to our advanced data-driven decision making processes for the product development organization as well as other business intelligence stakeholders. You will master our varied types of data from healthcare claims data, digital engagement data, product performance data, and operational data, and design and execute statistical and analytical methodologies for estimating ROI and quantifying business opportunities. You will have a meaningful role with high visibility across the company and the opportunity to mentor and collaborate with others.What you'll do:
- Develop data driven advanced models for estimating impact or ROI of our business activities
- Propose novel data sources or data science methods to augment insights
- Continually learn about company and product priorities and maintain collaborative relationships across the company
- Collect information on the needs and desired outcome of a project including identifying cross functional stakeholders, clarifying deadlines, and understanding the larger goal and business need for the project
- Understand how to identify and utilize data sources to answer specific business questions
- Develop and maintain data documentation for your work and underlying source data
- Present your data findings to key leaders and stakeholders
- 3+ years work experience in data scientist or data analytics role (such as product analytics, business intelligence, etc).
- 1+ years in applying coding & statistics in a business setting.
- 1+ years of experience in complex project and stakeholder management
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL.
- Stakeholder management, sometimes with competing priorities.
- Ability to know when & how to balance the tradeoff between perfect solutions and ‘good enough’ solutions.
- Able to autonomously explore and execute advanced analytical/statistical techniques with the guidance and support of your manager and colleagues
- Ability and willingness to learn/develop new data collection and ETL techniques and data analysis tools as needed
- Understanding of statistical techniques and experimental methods, such as linear regression, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Experience with Spark and/or Databricks.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience with github
- Business Intelligence or Product Analytics experience in healthcare or tech field
- Passion for understanding healthcare members, the self-funded insurer experience, and optimizing for both
- Comfort presenting your findings and willingness to share your time and skills to better those around you.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, HCSC and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]