Senior Data Scientist at Chowbus
Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team and help Chowbus raise its awesome platform to the next level, powering our hyperlocal food delivery business with predictive data science and machine learning models. You would join our initial Data Science practice within our overall Data organization, with a focus on building and deploying productionalized data science as a central cog in Chowbus’ application machinery.
- Help establish Chowbus’ young data science platform and practice
- Collaborate with business, analytics, product, and engineering teams to gather requirements, and design data science models in various arenas - order/supply forecasting, delivery estimation, dispatching algorithms, recommendations, taxonomy, and more
- Build, test, train, deploy and iterate production quality machine learning model artifacts that run in batch as well as real-time
- Work with data engineers to build solid data pipeline input into data science models
- Help coach/mentor data scientist team members
- Develop an expert level understanding of Chowbus business model and operations, and innovate to advance our business through machine learning
We are excited if you...
- Have 4-6 years of data transformation, statistical modeling and/or deep learning as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer
- Have experience with data science, machine learning and deep learning frameworks (e.g., SparkML, Pandas, Sci-kit Learn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Are excited about putting your models into production and see them power the business!
- Have experience with data preparation techniques (e.g. data cleansing, data augmentation, data generation)
- Have programming expertise with Python or R
- Are able to visually communicate analytical findings to people of diverse backgrounds
- Education in statistics, mathematics, computer science or another quantitative field
- Have advanced knowledge of SQL, data warehouse modeling and data design patterns
- Unquenchable curiosity and excitement for data, and a love for great food!
Even Better if you...
- Have worked with big data technologies and datastores (e.g., Databricks, Spark, Snowflake, AWS)
- Have experience with time series forecasting and/or ETA estimation modeling
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.