How you'll make an impact:
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to work with many of the nation's leading healthcare providers in utilizing their financial, operational, and clinical data to drive their mission of providing world-class care while improving financial health. Your work will bring new insights to individual clients, client collaboratives and the industry.
What we're looking for:
- Applying data mining techniques and statistical analysis to healthcare and financial data across our customer base
- Consulting and building the ideal data environment that will enable data insights to go from single reports to fully integrated modules within StrataJazz, our "Best in KLAS" enterprise SaaS solution
- Working with product and data integration teams to understand how best to utilize data resources
- Building training and "gold standard" testing databases
- Contribute to ongoing improvements in engineering process and product development ecosystem
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clean, clear and actionable manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Thinking about applying?
- A Master's degree or foreign equivalent in: Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Engineering
- 4-6 years experience using statistical data analysis techniques on projects within healthcare and/or finance
- Expertise in translating strategic questions into tactical work plans and outputs
- Using advanced machine learning techniques to combine and compare large data sets
- Experience building analytical and data science products
- Experience with SaaS/Cloud based offerings and products
- Experience working with big data and data warehousing technologies
- Strong understanding of ETL processes
- Experience building tools for technical teams
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naïve Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Python, Weka, MatLab, etc.
- Ability to present results of analysis to differing audiences within healthcare on both the financial and clinical side (CFO, CEO, CMIO, Physicians, etc)
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Strong applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Strong scripting and programming skills
- Experience building decoupled infrastructures
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Proficiency in using Unix and Linux command line tools and scripting
- Data-oriented personality
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups tend to apply to jobs only when they check every box on a job posting. If you're currently reading this and hesitating to click "Apply" for that reason, we encourage you to go for it! A true passion and excitement for making an impact is just as important as work experience.Here @ Strata…
Who we are:We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our culture is driven by our people solving problems together. We embrace learning, collaboration, and continuous career growth. Together, we lift our customers, our products, our company and our community. We believe that each of our team member's unique perspectives and experiences is what drives innovation and positive change. Our individual differences are what make us a more forward-thinking organization. We foster a culture of inclusion, equity and belonging, regardless of race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Our values:Here at Strata, we are guided by a set of principles called the StrataWay. These values keep us honest and ensure that we are always representing ourselves and our organization as best we can. They are at the core of who we are and how we support one another.
- Serve: We partner with our customers to provide quality solutions that will make their lives easier. We extend service to our community to drive purposeful change
- Rock: Our work makes a meaningful impact, no matter what role we play on the team. We are open and receptive to new ways of doing things, always innovating, and never becoming complacent.
- Grow: We are life-long learners and embrace change that will help us grow professionally and personally. We embrace a culture of feedback and acknowledge that progress is more important than perfection.
- StrataPro: We show up every day as the best version of ourselves. We treat others as we would want to be treated (and then some). We commit to getting better every day in everything that we do, upholding the highest level of integrity even in the face of challenges.
Our Impact:Strata Decision Technology provides an innovative set of software and service solutions to help healthcare providers better analyze, plan and perform in support of caring for their community and reducing the cost of care. Our customer base includes over 2,000 hospitals and over 400 healthcare delivery systems. Founded in 1996, our mission is to Help Heal Healthcare™. For more information, please go to www.stratadecision.com.Strata is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. This role is eligible for bonus based on both individual and company performance. Find out more about Strata benefits here.
Read Full Job Description